San Francisco (CA)—Registration is now open for the PIANC 2014 World Congress, which will be held June 1-5 at the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco, CA, according to event organizers. Anyone with a professional interest in navigation, waterways and ports is welcome to attend as a delegate.
Highlights will include:
- 260 technical presentations with speakers from 30 nations covering a wide range of topics including ports, inland navigation, dredging, environment, recreation and global issues;
- Plenary presentations by Mr. Jorge L. Quijano, Administrator, Autoridad Del Canal De Panama (ACP) and Dr. Craig Philip, CEO of Ingram Barge Co. and PIANC USA Commissioner;
- Six Pre-Congress technical short courses:
- Marina Design
- Working with Nature in Navigating the New Millennium
- Lessons from Coastal Disasters
- Innovation in Lock and Gate Design
- Value of Inland Waterways
- Berthing Velocities and Fender Design;
- Networking opportunities including the Congress Banquet aboard the beautifully restored San Francisco Belle;
- Three technical tours of San Francisco area ports;
- Tours of San Francisco and Sausalito for accompanying guests;
- An Exhibit Hall with more than 50 vendors demonstrating the latest products and services; and
- Events for young professionals & students (40 years old and younger).
Visit http://2014congress.pianc.us for more details and to register and reserve a hotel room.