The Academies’ Diplomate Board Certifications are the highest level of advanced post-license certification offered in the civil engineering profession for professional engineers (P.E.) and are accredited certification programs by the Council of Engineering & Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB).
BENEFITS OF DIPLOMATE BOARD CERTIFICATIONS:
- Diplomate Board Certification gives you recognition as a leader in the civil engineering profession.
- Diplomate Board Certification is a recognition beyond licensure recognized by clients, employers, peers and the public.
- Diplomate Board Certification demonstrates mastery of a specialty(s) within the broad disciplines of civil engineering and commitment to stay up to date on new technological innovations.
- Diplomate Board Certification demonstrates a strong commitment to professionalism through ethics and continuing professional development requirements.
- Diplomate Board Certification adheres to and supports mission to elevate the level of standards in civil engineering.
- Board Certified Diplomates in ASCE’s Academies are qualified for a Diplomate Professional Liability credit. This credit is an exclusive Diplomate discount on your ASCE professional liability insurance that could range from 5 to 7.5%.
- A salary survey revealed that becoming certified in a specialty can also provide a salary boost. Registered land surveyors earned a median salary of $ 126,500 in 2020. Licensed structural engineers earned a median of $136,087, and registered geotechnical engineers earned a median of $156,040. Becoming a Diplomate made a significant difference. Diplomate water resource engineers earned a median of $ 166, 125, and Diplomate geotechnical engineers earned a median of $177,000.