ASBPA 2017 National Coastal Conference CALL FOR ABSTRACTS — Due May 8, 2017
The American Shore & Beach Preservation Association (ASBPA), in cooperation with the Coastal Zone Foundation, announces the Call for Abstracts for its 2017 National Coastal Conference, Oct. 24-27 at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
ASBPA is the nation’s first organization to promote science-based policies for the preservation of coastal areas. The theme of the 2017 conference, “Beaches, Bays, and Beyond,” continues to broaden our focus across the entire coastal and estuarine system. The National Coastal Conference provides an opportunity for all coastal stakeholders to learn together and develop collaborative networks and resources to promote best management practices to maintain and improve the health of our coastal and estuarine shorelines and ecosystems.
Technical and policy-oriented presentations or posters are invited for a broad range of coastal & estuarine ecology, science, engineering, economics, and policy. Specific topics include, but are not limited to:
• Design Concepts and Projects
• Green/Grey Infrastructure and Living Shorelines
• Regional Comprehensive Coastal Studies
• Lessons Learned from tropical storms/hurricanes (Matthew, Sandy, Katrina, Ike, etc.)
• Coastal & Estuarine Landscape Architecture
• Coastal & Estuarine Modeling
• Coastal Hazard Mapping & Analysis Tools
• Coastal & Estuarine Resiliency
• Sea Level Guidance, Planning and Adaptive Management
• Beach Restoration and Coastal Structures
• Lagoon, Wetland, Marsh, and Estuary Restoration and Enhancement
• Regional Sediment Management
• Economics of Coastal Resources
• Federal, State, and Local Coastal Policy, Regulatory and Legal Issues
• Sand Source/Beach Access Rights
• Community Outreach and Education
Presentations may be PowerPoint or poster format. Abstracts (up to 500 words) are due by May 8, 2017. Submit abstracts via the online form at ww.asbpa.org. Presenters are responsible for all of their expenses including travel, lodging, and registration fees. Notification of presentation status will occur by June 20, 2017. Additional information can be found at www.asbpa.org.
Guidelines for submitting a Dedicated Session
In order to have a dedicated session accepted for the program it will be necessary to complete
all of the follow steps:
1. There can only be four session members of the session. The session will consist of four
20 minute talks. Each session member will be required make a presentation and adhere
to the conference timelines.
2. There must be a dedicated session organizer. This session organizer will be responsible
for completing the following steps:
a. The session must be entered online through the conference abstract web site.
b. The dedicated abstract submission must clearly state that this is a dedicated
session and contain the following:
i. A title for the session
ii. A brief session description
iii. The session members that will be presenting.
c. Insure that each session member
i. Submits his or her abstract through the conference web site before the
abstract deadline has elapsed (May 8)
ii. The abstract submitted by the session member clearly states they are in
the dedicated session
It will be necessary for the session organizer to insure all steps outlined above are completed
before the abstract deadline on May 8 in order for the dedicated session to be considered for the